This issue is a celebration of British summer, and in particular, Wimbledon 2017. Firstly, tear your eyes away from Centre Court for just a minute to check out the branded summer accessories from Dukes of London, including caps, sunglasses, drinks cooler bags and beach towels.
Secondly, have a go at our Wimbledon Brand Quiz below, and find out the answers at the end of the article. A range of blue-chip brands have formed long-lasting partnerships with The Lawn Tennis Association, successfully boosting brand awareness.
1. What is the official Champagne of Wimbledon?
2. What is the official soft drink of Wimbledon?
3. Who is the official uniform outfitter of Wimbledon?
4. Who is the official bank of Wimbledon?
5. What is the official water of Wimbledon?
6. Who is the official supplier of balls to Wimbledon?
7. What is the official beer of Wimbledon?
8. What is the official car of Wimbledon?
9. What is the official ice cream of Wimbledon?
10. Who is the official IT provider to Wimbledon?
11. Which brands are associated with Andy Murray?
12. Which brands are associated with Serena Williams?
1. The official Champagne of Wimbledon is Lanson, and can be enjoyed in all nine of Wimbledon’s bars.
2. The official soft drink of Wimbledon is Robinsons. This brand partnership has been going since 1935; in fact Robinson’s Lemon Barley Water was invented in the Wimbledon changing rooms.
3. The official uniform outfitter of Wimbledon is Polo Ralph Lauren, the first designer in the history of The Championships to partner with The All England Lawn Tennis Club.
4. The official bank of Wimbledon is HSBC, who also sponsor the Road to Wimbledon National 14 & Under Challenge.
5. The official water of Wimbledon is Evian.
6. The official supplier of balls to Wimbledon has been Slazenger since 1902.
7. The official beer of Wimbledon (yes, there is one!) is Stella Artois.
8. The official car of Wimbledon is Jaguar Land Rover, who will supply 170 luxury and high performance vehicles to support tournament operations.
9. The official ice cream of Wimbledon, should the weather necessitate any, is Häagen-Dazs.
10. The official IT provider to Wimbledon is IBM, and is responsible for providing data on speed of serve and other real time match statistics to commentators and viewers.
11. Andy Murray has made brand partnerships with Jaguar, Under Armour, World Wildlife Fund, Standard Life, Unicef, Head and Adidas.
12. Serena Williams has made brand partnerships with JPMorgan Chase, Nike, Wilson, PepsiCo, Delta Airlines and IBM.a
How did you do? Just ask us for some new ideas on how to promote your brand. Contact Dukes of London on 020 7392 5600 or email us.
Lastly, if your Wimbledon Finals tickets have failed to materialise this year, you might like to know that the ‘Great British Tennis Weekend’ is taking place from 22nd – 23rd July, with thousands of free events taking place all across the country, with sessions to suit the whole family. Enjoy!